Unbelts is growing - and we're looking for team-spirited doers to help us get there.
POSTING: OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
Posting date: 17 September 2021
Closing date: 4 October 2021, 9 a.m. MST
Start date: October 2021 (flexible)
Profile: Permanent full-time (30-40 hours/week)
Unbelts is an Edmonton-based company that exists to help humans of all shapes and genders feel great in their clothes. Our small and mighty team distributes uniquely comfortable belts (and, during the COVID pandemic, cloth masks) to e-commerce and wholesale customers across North America.
We use our products to advocate for body positivity, gender inclusivity, and equitable labour practices. Unbelts was Western Canada’s first apparel-industry B Corporation, which means we’re rigorously audited and certified for holding down a triple bottom line that benefits people, planet and profit. Our environmental and community sustainability initiatives include our Unbelts Loop line, which repurposes studio waste into usable products; our Masks For Schools giving program, which has distributed over 50,000 cloth masks during the COVID-19 pandemic; and more. Click here to read more details in our 2020 Sustainability Report.
We are a strongly-bonded team that’s responsive to the opportunities and challenges that speedy growth brings. We are LGBTQ2S+ and BIPOC-friendly, and acknowledge the real and continuous work that being a truly inclusive workplace takes. We invest in the personal and professional development of every team member, and work with you to create a role at Unbelts that develops with you for years to come. In turn, we ask every teammate to bring their best selves to their role, have their co-workers’ backs, and keep us moving towards our shared big-picture vision.
We need an experienced self-starter who’s got a passion for making businesses tick internally. You, a fantastic communicator and superlative organizer, can be a part of Unbelts' ambitious growth as our Operations Coordinator. Your core duties would include (but may not be limited to):
- Office organization
- Creating and maintaining a logical, intuitive organizational system and up-to-date inventory for our products, shipping materials, office supplies, and other belongings
- Tracking expenses and maintaining a budget for equipment and supplies
- Maintaining a clean, inviting, brand-aligned space for our staff, customers and guests
- Order fulfillment
- Efficiently and accurately fulfilling wholesale, e-commerce, and pick-up orders by creating shipping labels, packing shipments, and coordinating shipper pick-ups
- Maintaining our curbside and courier processes, including creating daily manifests, tracking pick-ups, creating real-time orders for walk-up customers, and processing sales through our mobile payment system
- Tracking shipping and fulfillment labour costs and making recommendations for maximized cost-efficiency
- Other shipping and receiving
- Receiving incoming shipments, performing quality control, and allocating new inventory to correct warehouse location
- Preparing outgoing shipments for stock repositioning and other needs
- Liaising with carriers to track ingoing and outgoing shipments, troubleshooting where needed
- Reporting on shipping costs and making recommendations for maximized cost-efficiency
- Sales and customer service support
- Managing e-commerce and wholesale customer service inboxes, responding to or redirecting inquiries on-time and on-brand
- Receiving wholesale payments
- Providing genuinely enthusiastic, brand-aligned in-person service at Unbelts HQ, trade shows, and other sales events (note that in-person events are extremely limited during COVID, and we err on the side of caution for our team)
- 3+ years’ experience in an office environment
- Fluency in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Confidence and proven technical skill in adopting new technologies and programs (ie. our cloud-based e-commerce, inventory management, and fulfillment softwares; Canada Post and other shipping carriers’ B2B back-ends; etc.)
- Experience with point-of-sale systems/software
- Superlative organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proactivity, flexibility, and a problem-solving attitude
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and warmth when connecting with customers and other new people
- Self-awareness and willingness to learn
- Experience with QuickBooks Online a plus
- Experience with Shopify a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay and participation in Unbelts’ Shared Benefits Plan
- Support in work-life balance: a parent/caregiver-friendly work environment that flexes with unique scheduling needs, such as school pick-ups and drop-offs; 3 weeks’ annual vacation; flex time to support daytime appointments; and more
- Product discounts so you can live the sweatpant life in stretch-waist jeans
- Quarterly paid volunteer time so you can support your local charity of choice with your time on our tab
- Quarterly sustainable fashion allowance to support other brands using business as a force for good
Diversity & Inclusion:
Unbelts is an equal opportunity employer; we hire on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration that is unlawful under federal, provincial, or municipal laws. To uphold a merit-based hiring system, your application will be reviewed by an individual outside of our hiring team who will redact identifying details that do not pertain to your professional experience or abilities.
We strive in every way to create a workplace that not only accepts differences, but encourages authentic self-expression. If you are a member of a community that has experienced barriers to quality employment, please apply.
Safety During COVID-19:
We are extremely risk-averse and take our team’s health seriously. All primary interviews will be conducted remotely by video chat, or in-person outdoors and distanced. The successful candidate must demonstrate proof of double vaccination before their start date, and will be required to follow our “Two out of Three” rule while working on-site, with two or more precautions of masking, 2-metre distancing, and/or working outdoors in place. Our team works in cohorts in separate offices with constant HVAC air circulation supported by individual HEPA-grade air filtration systems. Unbelts has a rapid-testing program in place for employees to self-test at home if they are found to have been a close contact of a positive COVID case, and we require negative test results before returning to in-person work.
Please submit your CV and cover letter, along with your weekly availability (a range is fine, ie. “30-35 hours, Monday through Friday, between 9 and 3”), to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 1, 2021. Thanks in advance for your application!