Unbelts is growing - and we're looking for team-spirited doers to help us get there.
We are currently hiring for:
- Growth Marketing Manager
Scroll down for a full description and info on how to apply.
Working for Unbelts
A Brief History: Unbelts is a Shanghai-born, Edmonton-grown business heck-bent on keeping pants up and doing good along the way. The first ethically-manufactured belt to be designed specifically for size- and gender-inclusivity, we are all about moving freely through life without stopping to hitch up your jeans. Our small and mighty team is fuelled by stick-to-itiveness and rock-solid values, and we’ve grown to distribute our zero-bulk, ridiculously comfortable belts to nearly 500 brick-and-mortar retailers across North America and a fast-growing online customer base worldwide.
Our Values - We are firmly rooted in our belief that humans of every gender and shape deserve to feel great in their jeans and secure in their jobs. We use our products to advocate for body positivity, gender inclusivity, and equitable labour practices. We were Western Canada’s first apparel-industry B Corporation, which means we’re rigorously audited and certified for holding down a triple bottom line that benefits people, planet and profit. We’ve been listed as Best For The World company for two years running, are a 1% For The Planet partner company, and are Canada’s national coordinators of the global Fashion Revolution ethical fashion movement.
Why We’re Hiring - Over the past two years, we’ve been transforming from a scrappy, bootstrappy start-up to an ambitious manufacturer and distributor that’s scaling fast. Next up: aggressive, data-driven growth of direct-to-consumer sales, using primarily digital marketing tools to drive new customer acquisition and conversions. You, a highly experienced self-starter who has a passion for real results, can be a part it all as our Growth Marketing Manager.
About Unbelts HQ: Our Edmonton studio and warehouse are located at Studio 72 (9909 72 Ave NW), with some of Edmonton's friendliest and most respected creative entrepreneurs as our neighbours. From this location, we prep and ship all Canadian orders, sew our Intrepid product line, and hold community events. Our team also includes off-site employees who work in locales from Cold Lake to Washington State.
Team spirit: This is a start-up environment where every team member is indispensable. Clear communication; a down-to-earth, positive attitude; and sheer determination are what get the job done around here.
Perks: We believe in creating meaningful, life-friendly work for every Unbelts employee and supplier. In addition to an industry-competitive salary, we offer benefits like public transit subsidies, paid volunteer time off, ethical fashion allowances, and flexible scheduling. In exchange, you help us measurably move the needle towards our ambitious sales and community impact goals.
Job Posting: Growth Marketing Manager
Job type: F/T one-year contract with potential to renew
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Closes: Friday, May 10, 2019
Unbelts is seeking a data-driven marketer to accelerate our growth from a primarily wholesale business to a multi-channel brand . You will oversee and scale our customer acquisition, conversion and retention, as well as overall brand awareness, working in line with our growth goal of tripling our e-commerce revenue over the next 12 months. As you succeed in your role, you’ll be called on to build and lead a growth team that reflects Unbelts’ ambitions and values.
You’ve got proven successes growing a DTC business and you have a toolbox full of creative, analytical, and strategic skills at your disposal. You are looking for a role in which you’ll have a big impact and a chance to make a measurable mark on Unbelts’ growth as a key member of our team.
Working directly with and reporting to the CEO, Unbelts’ Growth Marketing Manager will be a leader who is responsible for:
- Develop integrated marketing plan that captures all channels
- Creating and execute content marketing strategy
- Creating email marketing campaigns
- Analyzing the entire customer lifecycle using site metrics and sales info to identify where resources should be allocated in order to drive and accelerate revenue growth
- Developing meaningful KPIs and creating weekly/monthly/quarterly dashboards to measure and report progress on marketing activities to leadership team
- Identifying what’s working, what’s not, and what needs to change; attacking opportunities for growth, and nixing projects that don’t provide results
- Scaling and automating growth processes
- 4+ years’ hands-on, ideally senior-level, experience using digital marketing tools including (but not limited to) SEO, SEM, Facebook/Instagram advertising, content marketing, social marketing, email marketing, user behaviour analysis, conversion rate optimization, and A/B testing tools to create measurable results
- Demonstrable experience using on- and offline channels to drive customer acquisition and conversions, building brand presence and community
- Fluency in analytics platforms like Google Analytics and similar
- Experience managing complex projects and diverse (potentially off-site) support teams
- Experience managing marketing budgets and ad buys
- Ability to analyze data and generate reports using appropriate tracking and measurement technologies
- Ability to integrate strategy with overall business objectives
- Spectacular communication skills, positive work ethic, and resourcefulness
Additional Assets (Not Required, But Beneficial):
- Experience with Shopify
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems and CRMs like Hubspot, Hootsuite or similar
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
This is a one-year full-time contract with the potential to evolve into a permanent staff position.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and any other documents or portfolio pieces you feel support your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Growth Marketing Manager” and your favourite popsicle flavour in the subject line.
All applications received on or before Friday, May 10, 2019 will be considered; you will receive a response on or before Friday, May 17, 2019. Interviews will be held May 20-24.
Looking for a different role? Introduce yourself.
If the above positions don't quite match your skill set but you know you could do great things at (and for) Unbelts, we want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com and tell us in your cover letter how you'd make an impact.